Metal Sintering Services
Metal sintering involves the use of powdered metals to produce a solid part. We offer specialized sintered metal services using world-class techniques and machinery. Our highly trained team works to ISO 9001:2015 standards.
Sintered metal products manufactured include complex components such as levers, pressure plates, cams and gears for many industries ranging from the automotive industry to the agricultural industry.
Our team is capable of manufacturing precision, complex powdered metal parts and assemblies, utilizing our vast experience to deliver multi-level, non-ferrous and ferrous metal components and parts.
While we also offer a range of secondary and finishing operations for sintered metal parts to meet our customers’ requirements. Our services range from machining and steam treatments, to grinding and heat treatments.
Advantages of Sintered Metal
The metal sintering process has the following advantages:
1. The capability to produce net shapes.
2. A reduction in the need for secondary machining operations.
3. Sintered metal products have a high dimensional accuracy.
4. The sintering process is highly repeatable and extremely reliable.
5. It is a fast and low-cost process for producing precision metal parts in both medium to high production volumes.
6. The process allows for a close tolerance control.
7. A wide range of powdered metals can be used in the sintering process.
8. The process itself has a very high material utilization factor.
9. The process delivers a good surface finish
Disadvantages of Sintered Metal
The metal sintering process, like all other manufacturing processes, also has its disadvantages:
- The size of the component formed is limited by the press tonnage at the compaction stage.
- The residual porosity lowers the final component’s physical and mechanical properties.