Aluminium Extrusion Manufacturers
Let us be your aluminium extrusion suppliers
Chinasavvy are experts in aluminium extrusions and aluminium extrusion profiles - regardless of size. From the smallest profiles to the largets extrsions weighing many kilos per metre.
Aluminum extrusion is used for the forming of aluminum into long lengths, or into products with complex, but continuous, cross sections.
The process is very simple – a billet of aluminum is re-heated, placed in a chamber and forced through a shaped opening, or die, by a ram. For larger extrusions, however, the size of the extruders can be extremely large and the take-off area requiring enormous space.
The cross-section of the product is determined by the shape of the die – or in some cases many openings in one die. The process continues until all the billet material has been forced through the die. The resulting product is a long length of material which can either be used in that form – as is the case for trim items, and tubes, or machined into shorter pieces, as in the case of heatsinks for use in electronic assemblies.
Product delivered by extrusion:
- Glazing components
- Chassis and frame components for trains and wider rail use
- Heatsinks for use in electronic applications
- Car components – initially trim and decorative, now extending into the extrusion of components for car chassis
- Truck components – often associated with trick bodies
- Building industry components – including extruded aluminium channels
- Components for temporary structures – frames, hinges etc...
- Hinge assemblies – extruded in long lengths and cut to length
- Shopfitting and exhibition display components
- Decorative ironmongery
- Door thresholds and decorative trims
Most extruded product is finished in some way. Anodising, painting and powder coating are common finishing processes.
Aluminum Extrusion in China:
In China today extrusion companies offer a complete spectrum of extrusion press capacity, operating a complete range of machinery, and being second only to the USA in its total output of aluminium extrusions. China has the 2nd largest aluminum/bauxite reserves in the world and some aluminum factories employ over 10,000 workers.
Extrusion gives the designer potential for the development of tightly toleranced, highly finished, products that can have complex detail in their cross section, can be produced in long lengths, very economically and with minimum waste.
Chinasavvy produces both small and extremely large extrusions for industrial products such as the housing of super-chargers for automotive use; clamp bodies, profiles for fabrication work; etc.
Some parts can be as small as 100 g while others can weigh in excess of 5 kg per cut part.
The video below shows a typical production of aluminium extrusion parts:
- Aluminium fabricators
- Aluminum Extrusion
- China Tooling - Toolmaking
- CNC Precision Machining
- Commercial Lighting
- Consumer Lighting
- Hotel Lighting
- Investment Casting China
- LED Lights
- Lost Foam Casting
- Manufacturing Management
- Materials & Processes
- Metal and Plastic Chrome Plating
- Metal And Plastic Commodities
- Metal Casting
- Metal Coatings
- Metal Die Casting
- Metal Fabrication
- Metal fabrication tolerances
- Metal Finishing and Polishing
- Metal Forging
- Metal Injection Molder Supplier
- Metal Processing
- Outdoor Lighting
- Permanent Mold Gravity Casting
- Process & Manufacturing Development
- Product Design And Rapid Prototyping
- Product Development
- Sand Casting
- Sintered Metal Manufacturer
- Sourcing Plastics
- Stainless Steel Fabricators
- WEEE & RoHS
- PO Box 3435
- Frome BA11 2ZJ, U.K.
- Chinasavvy HK Ltd
- 551 Turner Street
- Auburn, Maine 04210, USA
- Chinasavvy HK Ltd
- 400 Wuzi Building
- Beijiaochang Henglu 12
- Guangzhou 510050
- P R China
Product development and prototyping in metals and plastics. more info...
IS OUR PRIORTY
See videos of all the major processes we work in. Click VIDEO to view videos. Click PAGE to open corresponding page:
Permanent mold gravity casting:
Lost foam casting:
CNC laser cutting: