ChinaSavvy, one of the most outstanding, world-class CNC machining companies operating within China today, specializes in precision CNC machining, as well as custom CNC machining services, delivering Western quality products at affordable China prices.
We offer services for both the small and large volume production of CNC machined metal parts and liaise with various different CNC job shops in order to deliver the best quality metal part at the most cost-effective prices.
Producing ISO-9001 quality machined parts, we offer services in both CNC milling and CNC lathes for turned metal parts. Our capabilities range from the conventional 3 axis CNC machines, to 4 and 5 axis CNC machining capabilities, enabling us to deliver complex shapes with tight tolerances and highly complex geometries.
Specializing in precision CNC machining, we know that quality within this particular sector is vital. Our Quality Management System has the ISO 9001:2000 stamp of approval and make use of CMM (Coordinate Measuring Machine) or accurate GO/NO-GO gauges.
What is CNC Machining?
CNC (Computer Numerical Control) Machining is the use of computer controlled machine tools functioning under numerical control to remove unwanted material from a work piece. Computer programs are used and customized to the requirements of a specific object or component, and controls various aspects, including the feed rate, location, speed and coordination.
Used in the manufacturing of both plastic and metal parts, CNC machines also control the exact positioning as well as the velocity. Also read more about The Importance of a Good Jig in Precision CNC Machining.
Multi-axis machines are more advanced CNC milling machines and add two additional axis (more than the normal XYZ or 3 Axis Machine) and allows work pieces to be moved on C or Q axis'. This allows a work piece, mounted horizontally, to be rotated along various axis, allowing both eccentric and asymmetric turning.
In 5 axis CNC machining, the fifth axis is responsible for controlling the tilt of the tool. This enables CNC machining companies to produce parts that have extremely complicated geometries. A great example of what 5 axis CNC machining operations can achieve is the organic geometries of the human head.
A CNC lathe is capable of creating a fillet by moving the cutting tool around the corner of a part, while CNC milling machines are capable of moving and endmilling along a circular trajectory or sloped line.
Each axis of movement is implemented in one of two ways:
- 1. By moving the tool itself, or
- 2. By moving the table (onto which the work piece to be machined is attached).
How these axes are is configured can vary, enabling machines with the same number of axes to perform different movements.
Conversational programming and CAM (Computer Aided Manufacturing) programming is used in order to program CNC machines, CAM being the most powerful of the two methods.
The Difference between 3 Axes and 5 Axis CNC Machining
Where 3 axis CNC machining moves the part in two directions (namely X and Y axes) and the tool up and down (namely the Z axes), 5 axis machines has the added capability of two additional rotary axes.
5 axis machines allow manufacturers to use stouter and shorter tools, in turn allowing for an increased feed rate. Heavier cuts can be made using this type of CNC machine, with Z-depth not posing a problem.
The Benefits of Precision CNC Machining
CNC machining is capable of producing precise and complex shapes - something that cannot be achieved by other machining processes such as manual machining. The process itself is more precise and is also capable of exact repeatability, delivering the same product with the same specifications time and time again.
It is the chosen method for many three-dimensional shapes that are complex in nature because if the processes repeatability, consistency and high level of precision.
Other advantages associated with CNC machining:
- CNC machines are capable of simultaneous motion, which in turn results in two- and three-dimensional contouring abilities.
- The cutting zone is cooled and cleaned through the use of high pressure coolant, helping to increase productivity.
- Mass production and the mass production of parts that are identical is achievable when using CNC machining processes simply because once a part is produced that meets exact requirements, the process will be repeated, consistently producing accurate parts.
- CNC machines are capable of automatically changing tools once they have been loaded for the first time - this increases productivity.
- Machines are capable of producing deeper cuts as well as larger cuts.
Being a world-class, Western owned custom CNC machining company, ChinaSavvy is able to deliver ISO 9001:2000 standard services at affordable prices.
One of the most experienced CNC machining companies operating within the industry today, we have the added benefit of being able to work with a variety of CNC shops, allowing our team to provide you with not only the best shop for the job, but a wide pool of knowledge, custom CNC machining services and extensive experience.
Further Suggested Reading:
- How Precise is Chinese Precision Machining
- Machining Tolerances
- Quality Systems for Precision Machining
- The Importance of Good Jigs in Precision Machining
- What Affects Precision Machining Prices
- Mining Engineering
- Aluminium fabricators
- Aluminum Extrusion
- China Tooling - Toolmaking
- CNC Precision Machining
- Commercial Lighting
- Consumer Lighting
- Hotel Lighting
- Investment Casting China
- LED Lights
- Lost Foam Casting
- Manufacturing Management
- Materials & Processes
- Metal and Plastic Chrome Plating
- Metal And Plastic Commodities
- Metal Casting
- Metal Coatings
- Metal Die Casting
- Metal Fabrication
- Metal fabrication tolerances
- Metal Finishing and Polishing
- Metal Forging
- Metal Injection Molder Supplier
- Metal Processing
- Outdoor Lighting
- Permanent Mold Gravity Casting
- Process & Manufacturing Development
- Product Design And Rapid Prototyping
- Product Development
- Sand Casting
- Sintered Metal Manufacturer
- Sourcing Plastics
- Stainless Steel Fabricators
- WEEE & RoHS
- PO Box 3435
- Frome BA11 2ZJ
- 1 Reservoir Corporate Center
- 4 Research Drive - Suite 402
- Shelton, Connecticut 06484
- Chinasavvy HK Ltd
- 702-705, Building 7
- Beijiaochang Henglu 1
- Guangzhou 510050
- P R China
Product development and prototyping in metals and plastics. more info...
IS OUR PRIORTY
See videos of all the major processes we work in. Click VIDEO to view videos. Click PAGE to open corresponding page:
Permanent mold gravity casting:
Lost foam casting:
CNC laser cutting: