Investment Casting China
Chinasavvy, an ISO9001 accredited company, is an expert in all types of precision investment casting. China has built up a reputation for manufacturing and providing high quality precision investment casting at very competitive prices.
We produce investment castings in various materials including:
- Mild Steel
- Alloy Steel
- Stainless Steel (typically 304 but also 202 grades)
Investment casting foundries use a process (also called the "lost wax" process) that is more than 5,000 years old. This process is particularly useful for complex parts whether they are solid or whether they have complex hollow insides.
Chinasavvy can produce both solid and hollow parts.
Different processes and, therefore different investment casting foundries, are used by Chinasavvy according to the finished product requirements. These processes and materials include:
- Soluble wax cores
- Urea wax cores
- Waxless cores
- Low temperature wax
- Low temperature wax with polymer additives
- Medium temperature wax
The "investment" or ceramic mold is produced in three steps. Firstly the wax molding is dipped into a slurry of fine refractory material (typically zircon). Then it is stuccoed with coarse ceramic particles before finally being carefully dried over period of 24 to 48 hours. This process can be repeated several times in order to get a thickness of between 5mm and 15mm depending on the part and the material being used.
Casting temperature depends on the material being cast. Before casting the investment mold is pre-keated as high as 1000 degrees C. Casting takes place at a temperature higher than the mold.
After cooling the investment mold is broken open and any core removed. Feeds and risers are removed.
Most investment casting materials are annealed through a heat treatment process before finishing.
Post-casting processes by Chinasavvy may include:
- Machining to final size. This is normally done by CNC lathe or CNC milling in Chinasavvy's facilities
- Material Testing. This includes elongation, tensile and hardness testing.
- Pressure Testing. Typically hydrostatic testing for hollow parts
- Polymer impregnation. Mainly for aluminum where porosity is a problem.
The video and animation below shows the investment casting process:
Let us show you what we can do for you.
- Aluminium fabricators
- Aluminum Extrusion
- China Tooling - Toolmaking
- CNC Precision Machining
- Commercial Lighting
- Consumer Lighting
- Hotel Lighting
- Investment Casting China
- LED Lights
- Lost Foam Casting
- Manufacturing Management
- Materials & Processes
- Metal and Plastic Chrome Plating
- Metal And Plastic Commodities
- Metal Casting
- Metal Coatings
- Metal Die Casting
- Metal Fabrication
- Metal fabrication tolerances
- Metal Finishing and Polishing
- Metal Forging
- Metal Injection Molder Supplier
- Metal Processing
- Outdoor Lighting
- Permanent Mold Gravity Casting
- Process & Manufacturing Development
- Product Design And Rapid Prototyping
- Product Development
- Sand Casting
- Sintered Metal Manufacturer
- Sourcing Plastics
- Stainless Steel Fabricators
- WEEE & RoHS
- PO Box 3435
- Frome BA11 2ZJ, U.K.
- Chinasavvy HK Ltd
- 551 Turner Street
- Auburn, Maine 04210, USA
- Chinasavvy HK Ltd
- 400 Wuzi Building
- Beijiaochang Henglu 12
- Guangzhou 510050
- P R China
Product development and prototyping in metals and plastics. more info...
IS OUR PRIORTY
See videos of all the major processes we work in. Click VIDEO to view videos. Click PAGE to open corresponding page:
Permanent mold gravity casting:
Lost foam casting:
CNC laser cutting: